29905560

Could you tell roughly how much I should expect to pay in

Customer Question

could you tell roughly how much I should expect to pay in total for using a solicitor to amend who is listed on the title deeds of a property? Do I have to use a solicitor for this or are there cheaper way of getting this done (eg there are some legal
services that claim to keep costs down by just specialising in property.
What you are proposing to do is called a transfer of equity, were you will be removing someone from the title deeds of a property and transferring the equity that they own to the remaining person(s), or replacing them with someone new. Strictly speaking you do not need to use a solicitor at all and could potentially do the whole transfer yourself if you researched on what you specifically need to do. However, this would usually only be the case if there was no mortgage involved, as the existence of a mortgage on the property could make matters a bit more complicated. If you were to use legal assistance, then you do not have to use a solicitor who would charge more but can use any professional service provider specialising in property matters. They may use cheaper staff, such as paralegals or legal executives rather than solicitors and still achieve the same outcome. So it is definitely worth shopping around to see who overs a good value service for a transfer of equity but in the end all professionals specialising in such matters should provide the same outcome as this is not really a very complex matter for them. I would say a solicitor may charge 200-300 for their services, whereas the companies providing property services may do it for less and still provide the same service. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks Ben. I assume that you cant recommend any specific providers but if you cant then is there a website that you know of which gives a list of people (not necessarily solicitors) who do this work and have a good reputation?
you could try the following:
http://www.transferofequity.com/
You submit your details and they would search a panel of firms for you so yuo are getting some coverage from one place.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.