12826847

We broke up about 8 years ago. My wife started divorce proceedings

Customer Question

We broke up about 8 years ago. My wife started divorce proceedings through a solicitor 7 years ago at both our agreement. The decree nisi came through 2 years ago but because she owes her solicitor money they have refused to proceed to the final stage. I have tried contacting her solicitor and my ex has given them permission to speak to me but to no avail as i thought if i could settle her outstanding debt the divorce could proceed. . I tried to find out if i could initiate divorce as now fed up with waiting but was told no as my exs case was ongoing. Where can i go from here?
May I ask why you have not applied for the Decree Absolute yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because it was her fault for split i said can sort the devorce. Ive had the decree absolute 2years now. But because she owes money they wont talk to me. All i need is an answer to what i can do from now. Its been a long time now. So should be able to this out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also rang the court for advice and they said because hers was in the process we couldnt. I am trying to verify this. Her solicitors have been given permission to talk to me but hasnt so cant sort out the ongoing divorce. Can i initiate divorce if she has already done so? We were given the impression we couldnt.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Our original agreement was for her to do the divorce as her fault and i had given her the house. It was the only thing she had to do