13262538

My mum and dad wasn't married he was already married with

My mum and dad wasn't married he was already married with a family. I have always seen my dad and I have my own family now who he has meet used come down at birthday and Xmas easter etc. The problem is his kids from his marriage have kicked out his long term partner (27 years )changed his telephone number put gates up round the property he owns. My dad has heart condition as well as allzimers. I have sent them a letter to arrange to see him as normal but haven't heard from them. Do I have any rights to see him. Also his name isn't on the birth certificate can I request a dna test.thx sian
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nicola yes carry on trying to find someone to help would be great. Thx sian.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please continue as I need to know if I have any rights to see my dad also dna test. Thx sian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I request a refund to my account as never received answer to my question above, tried to ring number no contact!
HiMy name is ***** ***** I am able to help you if you still wish to discuss the matter - sorry that I was away when you first aske t he question!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Question is the same as before which no-one came back with:
My mum and dad wasn't married he was already married with a family. I have always seen my dad and I have my own family now who he has meet used come down at birthday and Xmas Easter etc. The problem is his kids from his marriage have kicked out his long term partner (27 years )changed his telephone number put gates up round the property he owns. My dad has heart condition as well as allzimers. I have sent them a letter to arrange to see him as normal but haven't heard from them. Do I have any rights to see him. Also his name isn't on the birth certificate can I request a dna test.
HiHas any one been registered as holding Power of Attorney - or been appointed as his Deputy by the Court of ProtectionClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I think one of his children has but since they won't speak to me or let me see my dad as I can't get through the gates and they have changed his number to ex directory.
HiYou can check to see if there is a Lasting Power registered or a Deputy appointed herehttps://www.gov.uk/find-someones-attorney-or-deputyIf there is one then I am afraid that they do have the power to deal with his care if he no longer has mental capacity.However if you are worried about him you can contact the local Social Services dealing with the care of vulnerable adultsso that you can at least be reassured that his basic needs are being metWith regard to the DNA test f you feel that you need this then you can make an applictaion to the Court for a Declaration fo Parentage and the courtcan order a test.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much i will check to see who has the lasting power at least I will know. Maybe social services is my next move.
You are most welcome - at least a visit by Social Services might reassure your worst worries