UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have booked a holiday with teletext holidays and after

Customer Question

I have booked a holiday with teletext holidays and after recieving my holiday details found that the hotel I have booked was not the hotel relating to the reference number that I gave over the phone, I have requested a copy of the telephone conversation and they seem to be dragging there feet over this matter. It was a very aggressive sale by the agent and I threatened to hang if she didn't stop pushing for upgrades. Do I have a right to this conversation. Would appricieate a quick response as this was a last minute booking and flying out on Wednesday . Thanks
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you have a right to access the conversation if it was recorded by them, under the Data Protection Act. However, you would need to make a formal subject access request and that may take up to 40 calendar days to give you the recording after receiving your request.
Alternatively, you may book the hotel you wanted originally directly and claim the money back from Teletext holidays later, however, you may need to go to court if they refuse to reimburse you.
Hope this helps