12826847

Good afternoon, could you please help with the following issue: we

Customer Question

Good afternoon, could you please help with the following issue:
we have our boat in a boat centre to get it repaired and painted.
As the owner of the centre prohibited us to bring our engineer to the centre, we had to use the service of the engineer the are contracted with. This person was not able help us in a definite period of time and due to improper (delayed, unprofessional) communication our boat has not been repaired yet. The the owner of the boat centre requires us to pay 100GBP /week the place.
I wonder what kind of rights we have in this case: according to our understanding it should have been his responsibility to communicate with his engineer which he failed to do, the job has been delayed and not completed yet. Should he had allowed us to bring our own engineer (first class one in the UK), the repair could have been finished by now.
Could you please advise or refer to any regulation regarding this issue please?
Many thanks,
Tundee
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I am missing the point but I am not really sure what has happened here?