29905560

Whatever happened to Merchant Strategic Renewal PLC?

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
By looking at Companies House, Merchant Strategic Renewal Plc is still showing as an active company, however there is a proposal to strike the company off the company register. This means that someone has made an application to close the company down and wind down its operation. This could have been done by the directors.
Even if a company is struck off that does not mean it is the end of it though. Any creditors, such as yourself, could apply to have it restored to the companies register. Similarly, you can submit an objection to the registrar of companies to oppose the proposed strike off. This could happen in circumstances where there is pending legal action against the company, or the directors have traded wrongfully, committed tax fraud or some other offence.
You may have read a post on the following link, which deals with the position of investors and what they may try and do in the circumstances:
http://boards.fool.co.uk/hi-all-just-got-up-to-speed-on-this-thread-which-12767259.aspx
It does however appear that this may be a boiler room scam so in the first instance it would need to be reported to the FCA:
http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/scams/investment-scams/share-fraud-and-boiler-room-scams/reporting-form
Just be prepared that you may not get back any investment you have made with them so carefully monitor how things develop.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you