tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I found at 6pm to day that my boundary that runs alongside

I found at 6pm to day that my boundary that runs alongside a golf course has been dug out by them without notification. They have left a digger to continue work tomorrow, being Saturday how can I prevent them from digging further. They have dug into the boundary encroaching onto my land by 3meters and more, Cutting into large oak tree roots making the trees unstable. I want to stop them working until I can understand what is happening. I have tried to contact relevant people at the Golf course with out success and I have sent urgent emails to what I believe is the manager of the golf course and to the grounds man.
As yet they have not responded.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question. My name is***** should be able to assist you with this.
If they are digging up your land, you could seek a court injunction to force them to stop. Obviously, they're not able to dig into your land without your consent.
The only ways to force them to stop short of a Court order would be by agreement with them, or perhaps, by making it impossible for them to dig, such as by parking a car in their pathway or something like that.
Certainly, there are firms out there that would be prepared to help you obtain an injunction if necessary and correspond with the golf course and its contractors.
Does this answer your question? Is there anything more you would like to know?
Tony