75100385

My bank has blocked my account due to a fraud investigation,

Customer Question

Hello my bank has blocked my account due to a fraud investigation, they will not tell me anything about what is going on, they have left me with no access to any money in my bank, i have no other ways to get money and am now struggling because of this, should i have the right to access my own money, i have never comitted any fraud and know exactly what goes in and out of my account, this has been going on for 6 days now and after many calls and visits to my branch i still have no idea. Please help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you been in to the branch please? Has there been any unusual activity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have been to the branch many times and no there has not been an unusual activity, they just blocked my account without even telling me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write a formal complaint and ask that it is investigated asap. If that does not do anything you can go to the Financial Ombudsman. They are free, independent and can examine your complaint for free. Their website is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
But in the meantime I would open another account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do i have rights to withdraw my money while it is blocked, i have no money to live on?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly no, their terms allow them to suspend the account, but you could get a court order to allow to withdraw some.
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.