12826847

I have been informed that I may be a victim of the mobilephone

I have been informed that I may be a victim of the mobilephone hacking event of the 5th August and have been told to inform actionfraud .police.uk. Is this the correct site
What is the evidence please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I received an e=mail from TalkTalk to inform me that my personal details may have been compromised in the recent cyber attack on Carphone Warehouse and I was advised to inform the police fraud squad. This is the web site I thought I was entering.
And your question is whether you need to do anything except report it to action fraud?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
I presume at this stage that you have suffered no loss?
It is just that you have received this report which is concerning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is correct
If that is correct then that is all you need to do.
Effectively you are reporting a risk to both protect yourself from subsequent allegations and from any claims.
You are not yet, thankfully, reporting an actual crime in which you have suffered loss or I would suggest you went to a police station and made an allegation in the normal way.
As long as you make a report online and keep the reference if you become a victim of identity theft later on then there shouldn't be any difficulty with establishing that you were not responsible for the objectionable act.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/