ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I split from my long term partner (16 years) last October.

I split from my long term partner (16 years) last October. My name was not on his mortgage but we had a joint account where all bills were split. I did not contribute to the mortgage itself,but i did to the bills. I left with just my clothes and personal items. He has given me nothing and now I'm back with the parents trying to save for a deposit. Am i entitled to anything or owed a percentage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is anyone reviewing my question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is anyone going to answer? ???
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** happy to wait as long as i know my question is being looked at
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 days on? Is there a shortage of professionals in this area of expertise?
We have several family law experts. However I have not had any feedback about this question.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****
Thank you for your question. I am a Solicitor and am able to help.
I note that you refer to your ex as your partner and not your husband. I am therefore presuming that you were not married.
Unfortunatley English Law does not offer the same legal assistance to unmarried partners as it does to married couples.
If you were not married then the legal route to a claim in relation to the property in your ex's sole name would be under the Trust of Land Act. To have a claim under this Act you would have had to have 1) contributed towards the mortgage payments or 2) added value to the property (ie paid for redecoration / upgrades).
I note that you have already stated that you did not contribute to the mortgage. If you have also not added value to the property - then I am sorry to inform you that the current legal system does not afford you the opportunity to make a claim.
You are of course entitled to any items of furnishings ect that you may have bought. You can request that such items are returned to you and if they are not then you could issue a claim through the small claims court.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery