Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have given the notice of severance of joint tenancy to my

I have given the notice of severance of joint tenancy to my daughter, but need to know if I have to send a copy of this to th Land Registry or a solicitor for recognition of the change. Also does it mean that even if she does not sign itm the change in
status is now in place. Thanks for your help. Kind regards. Audrey
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your enquiry.
You will need to register the severance at the Land Registry. There is a set form for you to complete, being Form SEV. Here is the link for the Form.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/449784/SEV.pdf
(Sorry- you may have to copy and paste the above link).
You may want a local Solicitor to assist you in completing and submitting the Form.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much, that is helpful. Kind regards.