75100385

I rent a warehouse from a farmer and our agreement was a verbal

Customer Question

I rent a warehouse from a farmer and our agreement was a verbal agreement we agreed that i could stay as long as i wanted i spent a lot of money on the warehouse and i had a show room inside the warehouse as well the farmer then has told me he wants the warehouse back for his own use i got a letter from his solictor to say he wants me out by tmorrow now i had arrears which i am paying him every month but now he says he does not want the arrears and just wants me out Now the warehouse is full of material and also full of showroom material i sent a reply to his solictor to say yes i would move out but i needed 60 days to be able to get a new place and move all the material i got reply to say no that his client wants me out by tmorrow as he wants to rent it Now he told me he wanted it for himself i went up today to my warehouse and he already has fixed a new bolt which he will put a padlock on as i gave the only keys as i designed the door that unless you had the key you could not enter my warehouse there also is a electric roller shutter but the power for the warehouse is in his own dwelling i do not mind moving but i need 60days to get out What should my reply to the solictor
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve? What termination, if any was discussed with the farmer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello

i got a letter from his solictor with a notice to quit a week after i paid money to his account

me and the farmer never discussed me leaving the warehouse as it was mine as long as i wanted it now he already put a bolt lock on the door now i have put my own padlock on ut and blocked door with one of my vans

i want 60 days to leave the warehouse as it will take that time for me to find another unit and remove everything from warehouse now tomorrow is the date they wanted me to be out and they have threaten with the law

i want to know what my reply should be and where i stand legally

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
`Are you up to date now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no still behind

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
How often does rent fall due?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

rent due every month but i was paying every week or every 2 weeks

now there is about £3000 in arrears which he will not get to get me out of the warehouse

now i have put padlock on the new lock he put on my door last week and have blocked the door with one of my vans until i get this sorted

the notice to quit is up today as per his solictors letter

i neeed to reply but i need 60 days to be able to get bew warehouse and move everything

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. In that case you are entitled to 30 days notice or one month. You should write back to the Solicitor and say whilst you have every intention of paying the arrears and debt off in the absence of any agreement you want 60 days notice.
Also say if they refuse then you will make an application to Court to seek relief and prevent them from entering.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they have said they are not interested in getting the arrears they are only doing this as i told him that i would need money to move and cover all the work i did on the warehouse they want me to leave it the way i have it but want me out now i need 60 days to get it sorted what should my reply be to him with this in mind

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Just reply and say as you pay monthly you are entitled to at least a months notice and in any event they have no right of rentry
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he already issued a notice to quit giving me 3 weeks i had been working away so when i had got it there was only 7 to10 days left

i asked for a detail answer as i need to know what he can do and what can i do

now as i said he does not want the arrears only me out and the warehouse left the way i have it Now it has taken me 4/5 years to get it the way it is so in no way could i clear it in 30days

so i need a detail answer so that when his solictor gets that he will agree to the 60 days

What is his solictors next step going to be

hopefully your reply will give me the details i need to let them know i need 60 days

regards

Gerry

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You write:
Dear Sirs
Further to your letter dated xxxx I am writing to inform you that I will be leaving in 60 days time. There is no written agreement as you know and therefore you should seek a Court order for possession. This will take more than 60 days to obtain.
Further, if your client attempts to seek possession without a Court order I will seek injunctive relief to prevent him, as there is no written agreement allowing possession.
I fully intend to leave but need 60 days to find alternative suitable accommodation.
Yours etc
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alex

yes that is great i will get this off to him

now is there anything legally the solictor or the client can do to stop me entering the warehouse

regards

gerry

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No nothing.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.