Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I currently pay the bills as they are in my name. If I move

I currently pay the bills as they are in my name. If I move out am I still responsible for paying the bills as I will have the bills for the new place to pay?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you move out, you need to make sure you tell the utilities concerned. If the bills continue to come in your name you could liable to pay them, but you would have the right to recover the money from the people that benefit from the utilities. In that regards ***** ***** just ensure where possible that the bills are not in your name when you move it. Kind regardsAJ