75100385

I own some industrial land part of which was bordered by a

I own some industrial land part of which was bordered by a ditch and hedge outside of my security fence and which I very rarely visited. Sometime in the late 90`s I did have a look at my boundary and the hedge and ditch had been levelled and the owner of the adjacent property was storing goods on it. When I pointed out that this was my property his response was that he had assumed that the security fence was my boundary. As we were and still are good neighbours and as I had no use for that piece of ground I let him continue to use it. Unfortunately no agreement or written permission was drawn up. I now want to legalise the situation but am not getting any cooperation from my neighbour.
Has he a case for adverse posession or is he officially trespassing ?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I`m OK to wait for advice to help me decide if I need to consult a Solicitor

Joe

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No, there is no such case for adverse possession. They need to occupy the land for 10 years, excluding all others and make an application to the Land Registry for possession. The LR will write to the owner and invite them to object. If the owner does the application fails.
What you want is to give a licence to occupy, this allows a limited right to remain on the loan but can be terminated. So go and see a Solicitor and get a licence drawn up, this makes sure the position is legal,
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/