12826847

My daughter has received a county court claim the claimant

Hello My daughter has received a county court claim the claimant being Parking eye.
She is 22 years old, 24 weeks pregnant and mentally ill. there is no way she would be able to face going to court. She can not afford to pay this fine and I would have to pay it for her. I am partly to blame telling her to ignore the first letter (advice I got off the internet) Any advice you can give me would be appreciated
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there anyway not to pay?

Could I just pay the amount claimed which is £85 without paying court fee and solicitors costs

which would be admitting to part of the amount claimed

however i dont want this to effect her credit rating

On your specific questions
1 Yes, but only if she goes to court and contests it and wins.
2 You can make that offer. I would imagine they won't accept but you can make that offer.
3 It won't affect her credit rating as long as she pays within 28 days of judgement. At least it will show but she can apply for it's removal on the basis that it was a dispute over liability rather than poor money management.
This is the risk of not paying private land fines. Usually they do not sue but sometimes they do. If they do you have to be prepared to go to court.
In fairness, being pregnant doesn't mean she cannot go to court and deal with this. She might well win. Half the time the signs are void. But she would need to be aware of the risk of loss.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its not the fact that she is pregnant although this does add stress to her

life its the fact that she suffers from mental illness which can be confirmed by her GP

I'm afraid she will still have to deal with this matter.
There is very little that prevents a person being sued in the UK.