12826847

I used an digital image from a Google search on a site I was

Customer Question

I used an digital image from a Google search on a site I was build, I tried to find out who the owner was with little success... The image is widely use d on many sites throughout the internet and I had contacted these site owners about there use of this particular image ..ALL mentioned they found it on the internet for free, I therefore, decided to add this image to my site.... The image was hidden from main view ( was placed in a back office style menu on the site) and could only be accessed if some on made a purchase and even then they would still only be able to view the image only if they actively thumb through the image gallery for that particular service...
August 3 2015 I received a letter from Getty Images informing me of a Right Management issues regarding this image. I immediately removed the image but they also gave me 12 working days respond...which I did informing them of my previous due diligence to find the owner , Today I received another letter asking for £600 ... I am naturally shaken about this and don't how to or if I should respond.......
Catherine Murray *****@******.***......07582026572
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
h
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When you say you had the image for free, did it say it was subject to copyright please?