Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Shall i tell my accountant that i am seeking legal advice

Customer Question

Hello, shall i tell my accountant that i am seeking legal advice and this is what you have said and ask him directly? I am not sure what approach to take?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. You really need to have it out with the accountant. The accountant is no longer in possession of the money so he has no control over whether it is given back to you. The person to whom he gave the money is now in trouble. There is a freezing order on any money you invested. So not only do you need full information as to the circumstances of the freezing order you need to ensure the accountant helps you if you do make a claim for compensation. You need to get the issue that your money might be gone out into the open.