Good morning,After having been poorly treated at Fidelity

Customer Question

Good morning, After having been poorly treated at Fidelity Investments for a number of years, which I had referred to their HR Department in 2014, I decided that I could take no more and effectively resigned in April this year. At 55 (and exhausted) I felt that my only option was to take early retirement, and I am now living on a net salary of £1,000 per month. This is a considerable reduction from the £2,400 net plus £690 net pension contribution from Fidelity up to my departure, but the job became unbearably stressful so I felt I had no choice. I have now found out that Fidelity are making several redundancies across the department this month, for which I am certain that I would have been included. If selected, I would have been entitled to approximately £24,000 tax-free, which would have made a huge difference to me. Do you think it is possible for me to retrospectively claim a settlement - perhaps along the wrongful dismissal lines?

May I also add that the stress I encountered at Fidelity resulted in health problems which continue into retirement; I take prescribed drugs for high blood pressure, and last Friday I was rushed to hospital with chest pains and poor breathing. At one point I collapsed and was rushed into Resus with oxygen and drips, although happily it turned out to be a severe chest infection on this occasion. However, this scare has prompted me to react to the fidelity news, as I would like to provide for my family if anything happens.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards, Neil

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nicola,

Please close and my question and arrange a refund.

Kind Regards,