UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

To clarify, I live in northern Ireland so please respond accordingly.I

Customer Question

To clarify, I live in northern Ireland so please respond accordingly.
I have saved by taking money out of my own bank account - all of which came from legit benefits and a small amount of gifts, a total of 23 thousand pounds- at home. It is just my cash.
I now wish to pay this money straight back into the same bank account I took it out of as I am needing to buy a home but I have heard I may be investigated for paying my own money back into my own account- from where it came from to start with! I know it is not illegal to save your own money!
Please advise me as to the simplest way to put my own money back into my own account. ( Ulster Bank - same as Nat West)
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
As long as the money was obtained lawfully and you are simply returning it back to the same account you withdrew it from, you have no reason to worry, you should go ahead and do so and explain to the bank why you are doing so, if asked.
You are not doing anything illegal by paying the money back into the account. It is not illegal to withdraw your money and credit it back to your account.
Hope this helps