75100385

My daughter paid a £500 pound deposit on a new buy off plan

My daughter paid a £500 pound deposit on a new buy off plan town house in High Wycombe, when the contracts came through to sighn the two private parking spaces that were supposed to be beside the house had gone and the road was now going to be private so she would have to pay a yearly fee,when she said that she was backing out of the purchase because of these changes she was told she would not get her deposit back, I spoke to her solicitor who said the builder was just not giving the deposit back, I said this was breach of contract, I have since found out that this solicitor also seems to work in some form for the builder, where do we stand , and do you think it is worth hiring a solicitor to go after this £ 500 .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.