75100385

Is it possible solicitor or PI to obtain mobile phone

Customer Question

Is it possible for a solicitor or PI to obtain mobile phone records in a suspected adultery case?
My wife and i have separated recently and she is accusing me of having an affair which is totally untrue.
She has told me that she will use her solicitor to obtain mobile phone records to see who i have been talking to or texting over the past few months. I am disgusted by her threat to do this and told her that i am sure it is not possible.
Can you help to clarify?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No. They either need your permission or a Court order. if there was going to be a Court order you would be invited to make representations at any application hearing.
So no, a PI or Solicitor just can't get records, its a breach of the Data Protection Act.