75100385

I'm selling a property that I own to my daughter, I have a

Customer Question

I'm selling a property that I own to my daughter, I have a tenant in the property on an assured Shorthold tenancy, can I assign the tenancy over to my daughter or does this deed of assignment need to be done via a solicitor
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If the tenant is satisfied and consents then you can just assign the tenancy over, noting a change in Landlord.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do we need the tenant to sign anything or can we just write him a letter and then the deed of assignment is between myself and my daughter, also if she wanted to give him notice after six months, would she just serve him notice as normal even though she isn't stated as landlord on the original tenancy
No just a letter saying he is happy. She can serve notice if it has been assigned
Does that help?