75100385

I rented a property from family members, we had a basic tenancy

Customer Question

I rented a property from family members, we had a basic tenancy agreement printed online. They are now trying to claim nearly £2000 from me stating that I hadn't left the house in the same condition that was when I move in 6 n half years previous. In the time I was there they didn't come and do any upkeep to the property and it took almost a year for them to repair a fence that came down. And I had to pay to clear the garden for them to get to the fence.
What are my rights? I have photos of the rooms when we had cleaned and moved out.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you have an entry and exit inspection please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No their was neither
Ok then do not worry. You can contest this and if it went to Court they would have to prove the property was in a worse condition.
Therefore if there was no entry inspection and no exit inspection, they can't possibly prove this. Do not worry they have no claim.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.