75100385

I purchased a car from a dealer and traded my old vehicle in

I purchased a car from a dealer and traded my old vehicle in at an agreed price. The night before I was to pick up my new car, the old one would not start so I towed it to the garage. The dealer never asked if the car was in full working order only if it had an MOT which it did. All the paperwork was signed and dated and log books filled in with the new owners of respective vehicles. The dealer never took my old car for a test drive or even tried to start it although he had the key on day of exchange before I received the keys for the new one. Now 2 weeks later the garage has contacted me saying there is a problem with the car I traded in and they wish to talk to me about the repair of my old car or about the deal they offered on my new car. I would like to know where I stand with this as its my understanding the traded in vehicle is now there's and I am not responsible for it anymore. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know was any order signed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every piece of documentation for the sale transfer was completed signed and dated by both parties. This was a Volkswagen main dealer so a reputable company. The used vehicle order was signed on the 25/7/2015, one week prior the exchange of vehicles.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then it's too late. They should have inspected or tested the vehicle before trading it. As the deal is done it's too late. They are the experts, not you.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today obese?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So can clarify there is nothing the dealer can do to recoup any money from us?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that does. Thank you for your advice Alex.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.