Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I resigned from a company on aomday and they are

Dear madam. I resigned from a company on aomday and they are now saying o was dismissed. They have told me not to contact any players or clients I was not ever given a contract. I worked for them part and full time for around 18 months. I believe they are breaching my confidentiality and causing me probls in my job search. Can you advise
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Did you work for them for 18 months in total?
How do you believe they are breaching your confidentiality?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I getting calls from friends where they are told I was sacked. This plus no contractual obligation. How can I stop this malicious ror from the company who are responsible for its players conduct. Yes 18onths over 2 roles
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
You can write to the company to say that it is not true that you were dismissed and that you resigned.
You should ask them to refrain from making any further untrue statements about you. You should say that if they do not and you suffer a loss as a result of these statements (such as failing to get a new job because of it) you will sue them for negligent misstatement.
They cannot prevent you from contacting or working for any one else if you have not signed a contract that contains restrictive covenants. So you can ignore the threat on that.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.