31090051

Could you please advise if a club is automatically disbanded

Customer Question

Could you please advise if a club is automatically disbanded when all three officers resign. The Chairman, secretary and treasurer have all resigned leaving myself as assistant secretary to sort the problem out. They are all cheque signatories. The constitution only covers what happens to the equipment and assets of the club should it wind up.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No just because the office bearers have resigned doesn't mean the club is disbanded. The membership should convene an extraordinary general meeting and elect new office bearers. Follow the constitution as far as possible. It should provide for special or extra ordinary general meetings. If it doesn't, hold one anyway on the basis that the membership has to act in the best interests of the organisation. The constitution will provide for changes to the rules if necessary.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.