UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am the employer of a fillipino lady who came here on a

I am the employer of a fillipino lady who came here on a general students visa which expired in 2013. She then married an EU citizen (of Poland) I have the necessary documents on file. I understand as the spouse of an EU citizen she is entitled to work in the UK - Is this correct ? Thanks Michal XXXXXXX

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
What does her spouse do in the UK and how long has the spouse lived in the UK for? Her status depends on this information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That I do not know but he is a Pole and he works as a carpenter. Her solicitor said it was perfectly legal under European law as people from outside the eu, who marry non brit eu citizens are entitled to work from day one in the uk - but if they married a brit they have to wait 2 years ?

As long as her husband is working as a carpenter or whatever, his wife (your employee) is entitled to reside and work in the UK lawfully.

So, the answer to your question is yes.

All the best