75100385

Is there anything stopping me using the theme to the A-team

Customer Question

Is there anything stopping me using the theme to the A-team series in a tongue in cheek parrody of the opening title sequence? The video will just be shared ont he web - not sold, and will be distributed to the marketing agency world inthe UK only.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
You will need permission Just to be safe. However generally you can use music if it is fair use. Fair use is a legal doctrine that says you can reuse copyright-protected material under certain circumstances without getting permission from the copyright owner.
This is a guide:
(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;
(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.
To be safe if you are going to use a lot of the track get permission.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I find out if it is copywrighted?

It was released by 20 th Century Fox so I would contact them.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.