12826847

Is a car with the battery removed still classed as a motor

is a car with the battery removed still classed as a motor vehicle
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have parked a vehicle outside my house with no tax ,mot ,to faccitate the removal of all 4 wheels for essential repairs for the mot,it has been wheel clamped and later removed to a compound,my drive is sloping and previous attempts to jack the car up have led to it collapsing,also the car had no battery in it

Sorry, I see what you are asking.
I am sorry but I'm afraid the removal of a battery, or any other vehicle defect, does not make a vehicle exempt from the required to keep it taxed and insured or SORNed and off road. It is not really any more complicated than that.
It used to be possible to escape insurance by keep a vehicle off road but now it needs to be continuously insured or SORNed even off road.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.