12826847

Madam,There is a matter I need your advice on

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
There is a matter I need your advice on please if you are able. I am in the middle of a grievance matter where I initially submitted a formal complaint against my colleague. In short following a clinical assessment of a client I prepared a letter advising his GP of my opinions. I later learnt from my line manager that he complained and that my previous clinical supervisor informed the GP to destroy my letter. She then made changes to my original letter (without my knowledge) and sent it to the GP using my name and thus giving the impression that I was the author.
The main point of my grievance is that she sent out a letter to another health professional posing as me. I recently attended the official stage 1 meeting and it was decided that whilst they accept that what she did was wrong they do not believe that she impersonated me or that her act was fraudulent in any way. I do not accept their decision and will be taking it to the final appeal stage.
In preparation for that meeting can you please advise whether there is a case to be answered by the Trust as far as law is concerned. Put another way as far as the law is concerned was her act one of impersonation and/or fraud? And if so can you sue the Trust and/or the individual?
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Serena
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for the employer for?