ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I have applied absolute over 4 months ago. I was

I have applied for decree absolute over 4 months ago. I was told by my solicitor that there is a backlog at court and a response could take up to 6 weeks. The courts then requested more info from my ex in regards ***** ***** home. This has since been supplied but i am still waiting for absolute. Ive tried to find more answers from my solicitor but have heard nothing for over two weeks now. What can i do to speed things up....this divorce has been dragging on for over 6 yrs and counting

Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Do you submit a consent order in relation to the matrimonial finances with your application for Decree Absolute?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the consent order was sent in March 2015. It was problems with the ex mortgage details which has delayed things. I've given up any claim to the family home anyway....why does the courts need this clarified? If there's no claim on either parties finances, why can't the courts just make a decision? The children are above dependant age. The whole situation has left me puzzled....

Thank you for your response.
The court will sometimes make enquiries if they take a view that something appears unfair from the Statement of a Information Form submitted with the consent order but this does seem particularly delayed.
Perhaps call the court and see if they can update you directly.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please rate positively - happy to discuss further