75100385

I bought a new Audi A4 in January 2010 and it has been service

Customer Question

I bought a new Audi A4 in January 2010 and it has been service as recommended by the manufacturer by my Audi dealer. After 16 months and 11,000 miles the engine had to be stripped down "under warranty" and new pistons and rings fitted because of excessive oil use. In July 2015 the car broke down and was transported to the Audi dealer for inspection. They then reported that the timing chains had jumped out of sync which damaged the engine making it unrepairable. The dealer has quoted £9,327 less 15% loyalty discount for a new engine. I have had an online car valuation, and my car would normally be worth £8,660 as a part-exchange. I have asked the dealer if the manufacturer would contribute to the cost but after 7 days I have not had an answer.
My question is, have I a claim against the manufacturer for a car that has practially lost all its value after 5.1/2 years and 65,000 miles.
Robert Duncan
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly you dont have a claim against the manufacturer, this is because you have no contract with them. Your contract is with the dealer and not the manufacturer.
But you may have a claim against the dealer but not the car manufacturer.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.