ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

We have a backyard accessed by 5 terrace houses.(All rented

We have a backyard accessed by 5 terrace houses.(All rented except for 1)
1 of the rented tenants has 2 Stafford bull terriers who lets them use the yard as a toilet.
One of the dogs wares a collar and the others does not. Neither dogs are on a lead when they are let out into the yard. The dogs do their business anywhere in the yard. I find the smell of dog urine overpowering.
I have asked the tenant to train the dogs to toilet in the same location (away from my backdoor) but she will not.
Their are young children in the other houses and their parents will not allow them to play in the yard.
What can I do to get the dog owner to stop her current practice?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
I note that the area where the fouling is taking place is in a back yard. As this is likely not a public place it is unlikely to be subject to an Dog Control Order.
In your circumstance you should contact your local authority. You should provide them with the name and address of the person in charge of the dog, a description of the dog, plus details of the date, time and place of the fouling.
Ask your local authority for details of their dog control procedures. Ask if there are any regulations that cover the area where the fouling is taking place.
Ask if it is possible for a dog warden or officer to witness the fouling and take action accordingly.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received.
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.