How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1100
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have a financial interest in my son's property and we both

Resolved Question:

I have a financial interest in my son's property and we both want this putting in a legal document. How do I go about this in the cheapest way possible!?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
If you are now wishing to record the interest that you have in your sons property then you should consider drawing up a Deed of Trust.
This is a legal document that can be used to specify how the interest in the property is held.
Solicitors normally charge around 2 hours work for such instructions - approx between £200 to £500.
There are also on-line companies that you can consider.
One such company can be found at
They state on their site that they will complete the work for a fixed fee of £150 plus disbursements and that they complete any required Land Registry applications for you to ensure your interests are protected by an appropriate restriction - at no additional cost.
Kind Regards
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you