75100385

I recently took a act gold watch to H. Samuel jewellers for

I recently took a act gold watch to H. Samuel jewellers for servicing,as this is a Rotary watch it had to be sent away. However they have somehow lost this watch. While they have offered me a new one to replace it, there has been no mention if the distress thus has caused me. I say this because the watch was left to me by a lady I used to look after until her death,hence this had setimental reasons. How do I stand on this account.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much are you looking to claim please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea as to what I am able to claim for or how much I could be eligible for. This is the first time this has happened to me,what do you think they should make asa reasonable offer? I would be very grateful for your opinion on this matter. Do you think I should be happy with just the offer of a replacement.? I do not want to apoear greedy or look like a money grabber.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They need to replace like with like or the value of replacement. As for compensation it won't be much. For example a three month recognised injury is only £2000.
For distress caused for this you would not be looking more than say £500, unless you suffered a recognised illness such as depression, but then you have to be diagnosed and show it was a direct result of this.
If not then about £500 is the most you could claim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for all your information and help on this matter,it is very much appreciated . It was my son who prompted me in this direction because I was so upset at the fact it has been lost.Iknow you cannot put a price on sentiment. The jewellers have told me inexact like for like cannot be done as this is no longer being produced,but have made a suggestion as to a choice of the 2without me even seeing one. Having said that I have seen one I really like and would accept ,given the opportunity, on line.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.