How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10456
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My father had his house made over to me just before he died

Resolved Question:

my father had his house made over to me just before he died in 2009 with the proviso i would make the house over to my 2 nephews when they were of an age to sort things out for themselves now i am trying to do this and realise i dont know where the deeds are i thought my brother had them and he thought i had them we dont know which solicitors my dad used so how can i proceed from here
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your enquiry.

The Deeds should be registered at the Land Registry.

If so, they are stored "electronically" at the Land Registry.

Accordingly, I would suggest that you go on the Land Registry website and check. You will be able to obtain copies online.

Here is the link-

Alternatively, you can approach a local Conveyancing Solicitor, who will need to deal with the Transfer anyway, and he will be able to obtain copies for you.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

If so, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions