ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

What rights does a man who's partner of 25 years ,although

What rights does a man who's partner of 25 years ,although they were never married, has died . The woman had a will which she amended on her death bed witnessed by hospital staff. One of her nephews seems to be the executer but is not communicating with the bereaved partner and is blocking him from collecting her ashes from the undertaker and his personal cloths and tools from her rented home. Both maintained their own rented homes although they were recognised as a couple.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
The ashes are normally returned to the person made the funeral arrangements or paid the bill. If this was the nephew then they would be returned to him.
I am sorry to say that unmarried partners have very little rights.
He would be entitled to his own belongings and tools - write a letter listing these items. If they won't agree to return then he could issue a claim under the small claims court.
Caroline.
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received.
I would be grateful for positive feedback