ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Good evening! A car garage has greatly damaged my vehicle whilst

Good evening! A car garage has greatly damaged my vehicle whilst carrying out a repair. They are now dragging their feet in fixing the damage and are now implying that the fault was not of their doing. Can you please advice a suitable cause of action to protect myself from a potentially huge repair bill.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
The Garage has a duty to take good care of your car whilst it is in their possession and you should remind them of this. You should point out the damage and ask them to fix it. The garage should put your vehicle back in the same position it was when you left it with them and hopefully they will agree to this.
If the garage won't agree then you should ask them for contact details for their insurers and trade association. You could then speak to both to see if they will assist. You can't force the Garages insurance or trade association to at this stage but it's worth a go as the insurance may be willing to help rather than face a letter claim. If your car is going to take some time to repair you could also ask about a hire vehicle or the costs of covering one.
'Which' has a template complaint letter that you could utilise:
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-complain-about-damage-to-your-vehicle-while-at-a-garage
It's worth also speaking to your own insurance company as your policy might cover the damage. Do be aware that if the garage won't admit liability it could affect your no claims bonus.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received.
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.