tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

My business partner has changed company email log in passwords

Customer Question

My business partner has changed company email log in passwords without my consent and has stated he was me on the request application to the service provider, as I am the MD of the company and the account manager with the service provider. He is not aware that I know what he has done. What is my legal position?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I should be able to assist with this. Did you agree to him doing this? Also, what makes him think he has authority to do this without your consent? And, finally, are you both directors of the company or is this an unincorporated partnership?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Firstly, I did not agree to this (totally unaware) , He is a director but I am the Managing Director. He does not have the authority to do this as I am the account Manager on behalf of my Company , I have requested confirmation from the service provider as to their methods/process in allowing someone else to impersonate me into doing this with out my prior knowledge or consent.

I am awaiting this and will not have this till Monday 17th.

I was on Holiday when this happened

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Okay. What really needs to happen, is that there needs to be a directors meeting at which the scope of authority of any particular director is made clear by board resolution/decision.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Without express resolution setting out what can and cannot be done, each of the directors are likely to have implied authority to do such acts as they need to do to discharge their obligations to run the company.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
The best thing to do, therefore, is to call a directors meeting made clear he has no authority to do the things he has done, and if necessary, vote on it.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question.?