75100385

I've been having neighbour dispute year. I wrote

Hello, I've been having neighbour dispute for a year. I wrote to the council many times with no response. My neighbour then began calling police out with false accusations to the point of me receiving a formal notice which was a lie. I have called police out myself Since with legitimate situations and they have come out acting as if I'm guilty rather than the one who's called like wise council has treated me as if I'm doing something wrong., mind you I wrote first and called first? I was asked at one point to go to the police station to tell my side but when I got there I found out the neighbour was there first told a load of lies and again I was told literally by council who was there that they believed them?? I can't sort how they were there first or given any chance to explain before me. Everyday below me is constant banging tapping on walls, I've requested survallience be put in told they don't have any by ounces it goes on and on. I had to call the police a few days ago because the guy below gave my 10 year the finger and grabbed his crotch. Police they had no proofso they wouldn't come out and now I have a letter from council telling me to come in to discuss this and my tenancy? Why am I being discriminated against ? Where do I go this is outrageous and wrong Im beginning to think he knows people and that's it right please help Im a single dad working at home with my son Im distressed and stressed thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm wondering if I can hire a solicitor? Or have someone present at this meeting Thursday. I truly feel something's wrong. I've written my counsel, his boss and have gotten nothing except the one time I went to the police station and was accused of something I didn't do.., but no one will respond to my letters and I would like to know if hiring a solicitor would be advised now would I have any case in this? I feel harassed and discrimination over my attempts at peace
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can have a Solicitor, you are entitled to do that. In any event this could be considered harassment what the person is doing to you and you could seek a Court injunction
You would need to get a Solicitor and ask them to stop harassing you or say you will seek a Court order. If they refuse then you can issue proceedings using form N1;
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
And N16a
Harassment is defined at:
(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—
(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and
(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.
(2)For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.
The Court will issue the claim and list it for hearing. If the Court makes an order and it is breached then the person will be in contempt of Court for which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I haven't been given much time since the letter came today and they requested the meeting Thursday or if I don't go my tenancy is in jepordy along with stating we are discussing my tenancy nothing about the recent incidence of police and rude gesture. Can I have an attorney write a letter postponing the council meeting if they can't go on short notice?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can ask a Solicitor to write and ask that it be adjourned. You have a right to fairness and time to consider/prepare under Article 6 of the Human Rights Act.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you you have been very helpful
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank Alex youhave been very helpful we have hired a solisctor to attend the meeting and are prepared to go forward upon that result thank you again ~ andrew