75100385

I signed up with an investment claim specialist (Goodwin Barrett-GB)

I signed up with an investment claim specialist (Goodwin Barrett-GB) after I lost a fair amount of money through bad bank advice.
I submitted the details to them and a few months later received a call from Santander who went through my issues with me agreeing there had been errors on their part. Santander said that they wouldn’t deal with GB as their form was invalid. GB contacted me to sign another form which I did authorizing Santander to pay them first. I queried this and GB said it was a standard letter and that Santander would pay me.
Meanwhile, I received an offer from Santander along with a letter stating that GB’s forms were invalid.
My question is: As I signed to this Company (GB) am I obliged to pay them the full amount (36%) as they were not fully involved in the settlement process? I will pay what is fair and do realize they started the process but it seems there have been invalid forms and so their help has been limited. Santander have said that GB’s authority to deal with them on my behalf was invalid.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to confirm Santander have confirmed in writing GB forms are invalid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes but GB resent me some more more forms last week which I signed and sent back on Thursday. This was literally the day before Santander made me the offer. The new forms may be valid but were posted After Santander made the offer. The two probably crossed in the post. Santander would not have seen the newly signed forms when they made the offer as I posted them Thursday night to GB. Letter arrived Friday from Santander

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you dont need to pay. If you had documents which were wrong then clearly GB are incompetent. They should have made sure they were correct - indeed Santander say they are wrong.
So no, you dont have to pay, GB have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

GB did initiate the process, submitting the claim to Santander in the first place after talking to me.

Also I posted forms to GB on Thursday 13th evening (so collection would have been Friday, may be they would have got them on Saturday 15th)- these are probably valid, so even though the initial forms are invalid will these newly signed forms affect anything?

I have just noticed that the forms (letter authorization) sent back to GB were dated 31st July but these won't reach Santander until Monday earliest.

Should I pay GB an amount (not full 36%) as they did offer some help at first or just accept the offer and refuse to pay GB?

Also will the new forms have any bearing on the offer?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can offer them a token amount, but not the full sum.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What would be a fair amount?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Probably around 10-15%.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please could you also answer "Will the new forms have any bearing on the offer?"- details l regarding these are in the message above 16 August 2015 05:48 (GMT/GMT.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The new forms won't have a bearing,
Does that clarify?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please check I think we already RATED ad PAID

thanks