UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My father passed away 2 years back, he is a British national

My father passed away 2 years back, he is a British national and i am as well with my siblings. There is a chance the he has deposit a some of money under my name can i do background check ? To see if I have money in Uk or Europe ,second can he do such an act on behalf of me?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You may use this service to see if there are any "forgotten" bank accounts in your name
https://www.mylostaccount.org.uk
Yes, it is possible that an account was opened in your name by your father when you were a child or a trust account.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did what you have advised to visit the website and give my information details. the account you mentioned the trust account can be only open in UK ? what about Europe , and Switzerland.

I can only advise you of the UK position. You would need to check whether there are any simIlar services in the other countries where you suspect that there may be an account in your name.
All the best, ***** ***** feedback