UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

At a developers open day today I went through some paper work

At a developers open day today I went through some paper work with them as their release date for some off plan property is on 5 September when I am in Spain. I did some pre paper work with the so that I would be in a position to put a deposit through once the preoperties are released should I want to. I didnt date or provide a security no authorisation for my card so it would not be valid unless I gave it to them, nor did I specify which building I wanted to reserve as I would need to do this over the phone on the day to be sure I wanted it. However I did sign the form (no date and no specificaltion of which building and have a witness to say it was only done should I want to but when out in Spain when they are released.
Without a date and security authorisation / clarity of which building I was depositing on can they hold me to the reservation (it's a 2000 pound fee)
I signed a piece of paper with a deposit authorisation as a pre form (as I will be on holiday the date that houses are released and won't be here to sign it on the day it is released)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a copy of the signed document if you want it but cannot seem to attach it
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
Hello Susan,
What you have signed appears to be a Reservation Form and you have given your debit card details on this form.
It would indicate that you have reserved the property and agreed to pay the reservation fee by completing the form, giving your debit card details and signing it.
I would suggest that you get in touch with the developer and ask them to send you back your signed form if that is what you wish and that you do not wish to reserve any property until they open in September.
The other option is to inform your bank and block your debit card so that no money is debited from your account .
Hope this helps