75100385

Going back at least 20 years ago, An outstanding credit was

Customer Question

Going back at least 20 years ago, An outstanding credit was issued with Alliance & Leicester, in 2010 capquest dept recovery placed a Cias 8. Why is capquest placed a Credit report with a cias 8 and not Alliance & Leicester. How can I get this off my Credit report without repaying this back 20 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you asked them to remove it please? If so, what have they said?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't asked them to move it yet. Question is what happens,if they don't remove it, once I asked them or even bothered to reply. This debt recovery people seem to have a lot of bad reviews. I had a letter from theses people around 2 months ago and I didn't know what it was all about, until they explained it was over 20 years ago with Alliance & Leicester on phone.
You need to write and ask them to remove it. Indeed they should have put any negative information on the date of default, so 20 years ago. This would not have shown on the credit report as after 6 years negative information drops off.
If they refuse then you need to issue proceedings. Under the data protection act it states
14 Rectification, blocking, erasure and destruction.
(1)If a court is satisfied on the application of a data subject that personal data of which the applicant is the subject are inaccurate, the court may order the data controller to rectify, block, erase or destroy those data and any other personal data in respect of which he is the data controller and which contain an expression of opinion which appears to the court to be based on the inaccurate data.
The court will list the Matter and decide whether to make an order.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for this information, as I expected this should not be showing on credit file after this length of time.
thank you for your advice on this.
Regards, *****
Happy to help Neil.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.