How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1313
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My husband and I are Divorcing I run a small Hotel

This answer was rated:

My husband and I are Divorcing I run a small Hotel which is also our home and I would like to keep my property and my Business after the Divorce, is it possible for me to do this with a loan or a mortgage.. It is a good business with quite good profits and with out my ex using up one of my Guest rooms I can bring in extra money
Kind Regards
Hello Lynne
Have you spoken to any lenders to see if they would be able to give you a decision in principle ?
Are you going through mediation at the moment in relation to the matrimonial finances? Is the loan to buy your husband out? Do you think your husband will take the offer?
You seem sure that you can manage without your husband so hopefully you'll be able to get a positive answer in relation to a loan.
If you do agree anything make sure that this is put in a consent order and approved and sealed by the court prior to acting and paying out your husband. Not to do this could leave you open for a future claim by your husband.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have made enquiries at the Bank about a commercial mortgage and they have said yes that would be ok

I have asked for mediation, But as yet we haven't had any.

Thank you for your advice about the court, I will ask about this.

Kind Regards


Hello Lynne
Glad to hear you can get the funding.
You can self refer to mediation to get the ball rolling to settle the finances.
Once such mediation service is
Kind Regards
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you