ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My husband and I are Divorcing I run a small Hotel

My husband and I are Divorcing I run a small Hotel which is also our home and I would like to keep my property and my Business after the Divorce, is it possible for me to do this with a loan or a mortgage.. It is a good business with quite good profits and with out my ex using up one of my Guest rooms I can bring in extra money
Kind Regards
Lynne
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lynne
Have you spoken to any lenders to see if they would be able to give you a decision in principle ?
Are you going through mediation at the moment in relation to the matrimonial finances? Is the loan to buy your husband out? Do you think your husband will take the offer?
You seem sure that you can manage without your husband so hopefully you'll be able to get a positive answer in relation to a loan.
If you do agree anything make sure that this is put in a consent order and approved and sealed by the court prior to acting and paying out your husband. Not to do this could leave you open for a future claim by your husband.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have made enquiries at the Bank about a commercial mortgage and they have said yes that would be ok

I have asked for mediation, But as yet we haven't had any.

Thank you for your advice about the court, I will ask about this.

Kind Regards

Lynne

Hello Lynne
Glad to hear you can get the funding.
You can self refer to mediation to get the ball rolling to settle the finances.
Once such mediation service is www.nfm.org.uk
Kind Regards
Caroline