ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

As part of my divorce proceeding the judge asked record to

Customer Question

as part of my divorce proceeding the judge asked for police record to be obtained, due to domestic violence suffered. The police record received does not include the detailed statements taken at the time of incident. how can i get a full record.can I get it under the freedom of information act? This is importsnt for the trial
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
The 'standard package' of police disclosure often doesn't include statements. The package tends to include:
PNC (convictions & antecedents)
Domestic Violence Report Child or Public Protection Report
Police attendance at address or call made by parties (incident logging) Summary of evidence
Statements are normally charged separately. You need to get back in touch with your local police family disclosure unit. They may ask you to complete another request form.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please rate positively.