75100385

Good Afternoon,We are a new company starting up in

Good Afternoon, We are a new company starting up in Haverhill Suffolk. Our Domain is www.myscreenmonkey.com The local competator is a company called mendmyi and they have registered a domain as www.haverillscreenmonkey.co.uk This is already in the google search and could potentially do great harm to our business. Please advise. Kind regards ***** *****

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are they in the same Industry sector please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Yes they are also in the mobile phone, tablet, repair business.

John N

Thanks. In that case you can complain to WIPO, they deal with internet disputes:
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/guide/
You need to show:
(i) The Domain Name is ***** ***** confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which Complainant has rights; and
(ii) Respondent has no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the Domain Name; and
(iii) The Domain Name has been registered and is being used in bad faith.
If you can then the domain will be transferred to you. But go through WIPO, its a cheap process compared to Court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the advice, this will be a good starting point for my further action.

I will get in touch if I need any further clarification on this matter.

Kind Regards

John

Happy to help John and good luck.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.