ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I am after some advice please. I have a contact order in

Customer Question

Hi I am after some advice please.
I have a contact order in place My ex has direct supervised contact for an hour a fortnight by two people what I would like to know is he cancelled the last contact due to his mum being in hospital she is one of the supervisors is he in breach of the rider?
He also is to email my son once a week on a Wednesday when he didn't I emailed him two days later as a reminder he emailed there was no time limit I'm confused as why the order says he sends an email once a week on a Wednesday but yet my ex says different is he in breach if this or right?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a family solicitor and can help.
From your description - it does appear as though he is breaching the contact order 1) as the who one of the supervisors should be and 2) the day for the indirect contact by email.
The issue is - what to do about it.
In relation to the direct contact - it is understandable that his mum cannot supervise if she is in hospital. Whereas in relation to the indirect contact if this says it should happen on a Wednesday - then it should be a Wednesday. Your son will be expecting the email and could upset if it doesn't arrive. The fathers response to you shows a lack of understanding and commitment.
The court won't make him be a better father and they can't make him comply with the indirect contact if he isn't committed.
In relation to the supervised contact - hopefully the paternal grandmother will make a speedy recovery and this will resume shortly as normal. If she remains unwell, consideration could be given to another supervisor - someone you trust - as this is clearly needed if a Judge has ordered that there needs to be two supervisors.
If your ex isn't happy he could look to returning matters to court. You should keep notes of all the times he has let your son down and tell the Judge this if he does return matters back to court.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note we receive no credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.
I would be grateful for positive feedback