Hopeyiu can help me...I senta horse to a 'natural horsemanship�

Hopeyiu can help me...
I senta horse to a 'natural horsemanship' trainer. I informed him of her age -9years, late to start a horse maybe but he knew her age and said that he could train her. I had not tried to break her in myself as i am 55 years old and have a hip replacement. He had her approximately six monthsand whenever i texted or spoke to him to seen if she was backed and ridden he would always say that she wasnt ready. She spent hours going round his round pen and when backed he would take her on one and a half hour treks at a walk only. As she was there over the winter and speing i was unable to ge there and do ground work with her as I was busy on the farm and daylight hours short.
The said trainer knew and acknowledged that I wanted horse
Bitted - he rode her in a pressure halter
To take a ridden saddle - he rode her in a western saddle
To go into a horse trailer. I had been able to load her myself at home until she frightene d herself. Trainer came to my home and failed and suggested that horse be delivered to his premises in a lorry.
To stand by mounting block. She still has not seen one.
I did go a few times to do 'groundwork' as did my daughter.
Whenever i asked or texted to enquire if he had backed her he would say that she wasnt ready. When i asked what size bit to buy he said that he would try a bit belonging to other hoses at his yard but he never did. During her time at the yard training time lengthened because he was away, (film work or stunt work i think) Horse injured itself in field. Hurt her pelvis (treated twice by best chiropractor in country and paid by me) respiratory infection/virus treated by vet , paid by me. Day courses etc at other yards . When it came close to 12 actual weeks training which he said it would take to train a horse -regardless of how long or soon it takes to actually back and train a horse 'they are all ready in 12 weeks!!!!!
He didnt tell me when he first rode her he only told me that she needed to be ridden one and a half hours a day.
In the spring when i was busy with lambing -long days sleepless nights . He wanted her back with me asap as he had other horses due to come in. I persuaded him to delay her return as i did not have the time or daylight (pre BST) to give her one and a half hours work a day that he said she needed.
My daughter who works long hours at doctor's surgery rearranged time off to handle her on the ground and to ride her twice. The first time was the hour and a half loop and on the day horse was coming home for a mile up and down the road. Trainer did not let daughter use english saddle and said that we could do the bitting yourselves when you are at home. That horse was to have rope halter on permanently
Instructions were given that horse was led out daily for hour and a half a day for two weeks on a loop route only and not to go out and 'come back the same road you go out'. On tarmac, she came home already footsore, she was good. But on a dirt track with ruts she was dangerous but as soon as she was back on tarmac she was quiet. After two weeks as instructed daughter and myself saddled horse and i legged my daughter up. Horse exploded and helicoptered and bucked, my daughter barely had her foot in stirrup and had not been able to get her leg over saddle. Unnerved we led horse round yard and put ner away. The following night we tried again but horse was worse and jumpy as soon as daughter tried to mount.we gave up led horse around and she was quiet again. Sent text to trainer. He said he was too busy to come down. A few days later he phoned me on my mobile and ranted that it was our fault (mine and daughter) that we had trouble with horse because we knew she needed one and a half hours work a day, we hadnt got a round pen (he knew that anyway) we would have to start long reining her for (for unhorsey person think horse and cart minus cart) funny thing is he never mentioned long reining before. We were not to try and ride her until he could come down. A week ,ater he sent a text to say that he could come down the next day . It would take him3 hours and that he usually charged £180 but that he would do it for £70. Disgusted i told him to forget it.whether i was wrong to stop him i dont think so.
I told my troubles to a equestrian friend who was disgusted and arranged for horse to go to anothrr trai er who listened in disbelief on the way we and horse had been treated. Tnis second trainer is a very experienced horseman and promised that if he thought that she was a hopeless case now and that horse should be put in foal or shot he would tell us in a few days. The new trainer has itted the horse and ridden her in english saddle. My daughter has ridden her in an arena and she is now safe and most of all my daughter feels safe on her. I will ride her hopefully later on this week, hip permitting. Second trainer has said that he is willing to make a statement about the horse. not been in touch with denbighshire trad
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The original trainer has a photograph of horse on his website as horse in training. My daughter has asked him to take it off as yet he hasnt, and told him by text hat he should refund me money for the training as when horse was home she could not be ridden. He had previously told me that she was the most difficult horse that he had ever trained. In text to daughter that horse was uncontrollable when he had her!!

He scoffed at the 'threat of court' and professional witness statement by second trainer 'good luck with that'

This horse went to first trainer in good faith and no details about her kept from him. In all the time she was home did she give any indication of being uncontrollable. Even after days in stable she could be led quietly to field. Hecknew she was competition bred.

Trainer was never available ar weekends for my daughter to go to his yard to handle or ride horse. He promised me quote "a well broken horse that was safe for you to ride". Which i did not get! When he wanted her home so that he could get another horse in for trainig he he only gave me two weeks to make arrangements for transport. I asked for extra two weeks beca5uue i was busy on farm. Arrangements were hasrily made so that my daughter could go there to ride. Trainer asked daughter what she did with her pony at home.she replied that she rode in fields , schooling walk ,trot, canter, gallop and jump. His reply "oh"

My daughter has told him that she has sceen shot his reply to her yesterday and that she will tell people about him on social media. He has told her not to contact him again and has not replied to her intention of outing him to her contacts on social media.

I would like to know where do i stand

Is there any hope of any refund?

I would like an acknowledge from him that he failed with this horse and also failed the horse. That the horse was not uncontrollable.

He did not prepare the horse as requested.i.e. english saddle, bit, mounting block, to go into horse trailer.

Will trading standards be able to do something about him? Even if only to'frighten him'

I apologise for the delay in replying

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

From what information i have supplied do you think that i will be successful?

How much will this cost?

My daughter has not yet posted anything about him on social media as yet.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I think you do have a claim.
For a small claim you have to pay an issue fee and hearing fee, but this depends on the amount.
Please see here for fees:
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will i need an expert statement from second trainer with the claim

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, only at evidence stage.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes you have no idea the relief . Will i be able to claim for second trainers fees.

Thank you thank you thankyou Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you would be able to claim the second trainers fees.
If you could take a moment to rate before you go please.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.