75100385

Had an estimate from a local tree surgeon, after they saw the

Had an estimate from a local tree surgeon, after they saw the tree and took photos,to take down a tree that was dying. They applied to the council and received permission. A date was set to do the work and they arrived, but one of the team did not feel safe climbing the tree, so they left. I then received an email from them, stating that fact and asking would I find another firm to do the job. I have now obtained other, more expensive quotes. Is there any recourse against the original firm for the increased bill?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it an estimate? Did it say it could change or was it a quote?
How much is the difference please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The document is headed "Quote"

The difference is £1,900 + VAT

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the £1900 + VAT difference within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.